Here’s what’s coming up
Have an event you want to call attention to? Send an email.
The Events Chair, Derrick has a reminder to check the website regularly for events. In particular there are the upcoming ones to be aware of:
- October 31, NOTM Hot Chocloate Run, 7 pm at Valleyview Mall.
- VMGC Brunch at Cowichan Valley Inn, 6457Norcross Road, Nov 11, 10:30 am. Let Malcolm know by Friday, Nov 09, 4 pm. 250-743-1791, email: email@example.com.
- November 12 Regular Meeting, at the Salvation Army.
- Inaugural Bonfire Night, November 03, The Slade/McCallum residence. 616 Woodcreek Drive, North Saanich. Big fire and food- keep warm in the house or around the fire. A great send-off to the winter. This will start at 4 pm and all are welcome. We will have chili and coffee/tea to keep warm. Bring a chair and a desert to share. Bring a friend or any kids. We will have a shelter if it rains.
- Up-Island Guy Fawkes day at Arbutus Ridge, Sunday, Nov. 04. Bring a desert to share. Chili and coffee will be served. Let us know by Nov -2 if you are coming. Viatormerlin@aim.com.
- Annual Christmas Dinner. 6 Mile House. November 30. A nice menu and full of fun and prizes.
- December regular meeting will have the AGM and annual awards.
Again check the website for all event details.
NOTE; THE WEBSITE HAS THE LIST OF EVENTS. THIS MAILING IS A GENTLE REMINDER NOT AN ALL INCLUSIVE LIST. CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR EVENTS. THERE ARE MANY EVENTS NOT LISTED HERE.
It’s been a month since I had any time to write a report so I apologize to all. I was back east visiting family at Thanksgiving so I hope all had a great day and lots of turkey. For those who had met them, my folks are well and are in a retirement home in Moncton so it was a long flight.
The club activities are are slowing down for the winter but there are still many things to check out. We are preparing for the upcoming Bonfire Night at our house on November 03. We have a lot of wood to burn and will be firing up the old fire pit and burning an effigy at dark. The fire should be in place by 4 pm and we will burn into the evening as long as the weather is comfortable. The food should be good and if you have a kid or grandkid to entertain then bring them along. It should be a fun evening.
I have not heard from anyone how the last meeting went but I am sure there was some information issued. Our President, Hugh is well into his TD rebuild and right now has the engine out and the car fully apart. I am sure that he would appreciate all the help anyone can give.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone soon either at one of the many activities, our meeting or a brunch.
Note: for those interested, on the web site, Barn Finds, there have been several British cars recently. I have seen Jaguars, Minors, MGs and Triumphs.
Yesterday I was driving my GT at my place, and ran into a group including a mini, a Minor, and a Delorean. I had to join them for a bit.